Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wave port in HFSS or CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

adel_48

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to model a coaxial fed antenna using my own code but I don't know how the feed is modeled in HFSS or CST. Does any body have any idea how the feed is modeled in the case of waveport.

Thanks in advance,

BR
Adel_48

adel_48 said:
Hi,

I am trying to model a coaxial fed antenna using my own code but I don't know how the feed is modeled in HFSS or CST. Does any body have any idea how the feed is modeled in the case of waveport.

Thanks in advance,

BR
Adel_48

Hi!

First the eigenmodes of the transversal cut of the feedline are calculated. The result is the set of E and H fields with their cutoff frequency (if not TEM waves).

Thus... You need 2D eigenmode solver to do that.

Then the desired field shape is modulated in time with given pulse (i.e. gaussian one)

Cheers,

eirp

adel_48

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you very much eirp, but do you have any idea how this can be applied in MoM method? as in the case of coaxial feed the incident wave is TEM and I know its field distribution.

Thanks again,

BR

Adel_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back