Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] gsm module does not show response message on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blesvin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am connecting GSM module SIM900A with PIC microcontroller and show their response on LCD. When I send AT commands to GSM module, it does not show any response messages. I made a call to my phone through GSM module using ATD command and hang up through ATH command. But in this case also it does not show any response messages. When I made a call to GSM module, I can hear the ring but LCD does not show anything. When I use another GSM module, it works properly. What is the reason? Please help me.

What is the reason? Please help me.

If you do not have the uptake to realize that without presenting any code or picture nobody can help you, you will hardly note that there are other ways of debugging the program, such as systematically identifying what is and what is not working ( communication, display, etc... )

I have two GSM SIM900A modules. First GSM module is properly working with LCD. When I use second GSM module, its working but doesnot show any response message on LCD. So I think LCD is good but not work with second GSM. Also there is no problem in communication section, otherwise its not work with first GSM. I only replace first GSM with second one and other connections remain same. The echo and response messages are shown for first GSM and not for second GSM. The program used in both cases are also same.

Possible reasons:
- module has some nonvolatile parameters set differently. Enforce factory settings.
- module is damaged
- module incorrectly soldered

Thank you guys..... its working now..The output voltage of second GSM module is around 2.8V. So I used a 3.3V to 5V voltage converter in between GSM txr pin and PIC rxr pin. Now its show response messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.