Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start satellite telecast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three airports and one millitary base within the likely landing zone!
"Jolly Grant Airport" (Dehradun Airport) is about 40KM away, "Chinyali Saur" airstrip is 43KM away and "Sarsawa" air base is about 60Km away. The millitary base is in your own town!

A typical balloon flight will be 1 hour and the maximum height can be 20Km where wind speeds can be very fast (>100Km/hr) so it might travel great distances. These balloons are not like the ones at a party, they are huge when inflated and at high altitude, you can fit a house inside one of them. They are a very serious hazard to aircraft so you need to find a launch site well away from built up areas and confirm with airports there are no planned flights along the expected route.

As Zainka points out, it would be a good idea (the US launches did it) to include a low power, low frequency beacon in the payload. To send video you need to use high frequencies, VHF, UHF or higher but signals at those frequencies do not travel well at ground level. They tend to be 'line of sight' only so when the package lands (assuming it isn't smashed to bits!) the transmission range may only be a few hundred metres making it difficult to locate. A low frequency beacon (~2MHz) would allow more conventional hand held direction finders to locate it over a much greater distance.

Brian.

Reactions: RETGT

RETGT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If I have traced your location correctly, there are three airports and one military base within the likely landing zone!
Great how you traced my location and yes i am using small party balloon with cotton threat no transmitter right now.
what is Zainka?

Zainka is the name of the guy writing this post...

One more thing to consider... When reaching high altitudes, temperature may fall drastically until you reach 20km (and that is as far as you may hope to go). You might need isolation and even an heater for the electronics to work, at the cost of extra weight and maybe extra power. Especially if you use commercial video recording equipment. A rule of thumb is that temperature may fall by 5 to 7 °C / 1000m in the troposphere (down to as low as -60°C).

Edit:
Found this link to help understand temp. in the atmosphere.:
http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/Atmosphere/troposphere_temperature.html&edu=high

Last edited:

Party balloons and weather balloons are very different! Weather balloons are about 100 times the size and made of lighter material. They have to be inflated with Helium, don't forget your payload is a video camera, two transmitters, one for the picture and one as the beacon, a battery capable of powering them both for maybe 3 hours, a fairly big antenna and a parachute. All of that except the antenna has to be in a well insulated box. Keeping the weight down is #1 priority or it will never take off. #2 priority is making it strong enough to land again, at least in one peice!

Brian.

hello,
what i enter in my control panel that you get my address?

how to build screen radar detector ?

- - - Updated - - -

i want to sit in plane how should i start?

RADAR is very complicated and almost impossible to build at home. It is part mechanical and part microwave transceiver. You need specialized tools and a lot of space to build one!

i want to sit in plane how should i start?
This has nothing to do with Edaboard. Contact your local airport and ask if they have flying school there. It is usually expensive, my nearest school charges ~11,000 Rupee per hour.

Brian.

how should i find your?

how to build ACARS?

ACARS is a radio signal sent from aircraft and ground stations. You don't have to build anything, you pick it up like any other radio station but use software to decode it back to text. If you listen to it you hear short beeps and longer (~1 second) tones. The tones are actually rapidly changing audio notes that represent the binary bits of the message.

The only thing you need is radio receiver that covers the frequencies used for ACARS, these are between 129MHz and 136MHz -OR- for HFDL which is similar to ACARS, a receiver covering the short wave bands between 2.9 and 22MHz, and software, I use "MultiPSK" (**broken link removed**) but there are other programs. The audio output of the radio goes to the mic input on the computer.

Brian.

hello,
how to get radio for this range frequency?

No guarantee for the quality:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.