Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phased Array Simulation Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Every One !!!

Could someone help to find a way ti implement a phased array on ansoft designer v2 ?

Maybe a project that i can use such a guideline

1. Build a single patch simulation, optimize it for good S11
2. Draw corporate feeding network. In corporate feeding network phase path to all patches is equal. Put patches in network. There are tons of PDF online on corporate feeding networks. Google: "microstrip patch array filetype:pdf". You can do all with simple T-power dividers 50 ohm to two 100 ohm lines, then again 50 ohm or etc. when 100 ohm goes back to 50 ohm, do quarterwave matching
3. Simulate. If distance between patches is too small, mutual coupling will be big and patch performance worsens. Usually distance between patches is around 0.6 of wavelength in free space.

I did not used ansoft designer, but i read https://www.antenna-theory.com/ alot
And one good thing about patch arrays is that:
you can simulate _single_ patch and then use results to predict patch array radiation pattern using array factor, multiplying and adding results from single patch radiation pattern, etc..

To avoid grating lobes in a phased antenna system the distance d between antennas should meet: d/λ ≦ 0.5

the spacing can stay close to 1Lambda..

Status
Not open for further replies.