Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA for implementing sensor network algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilalkadri

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to implement a sensor network algorithm,can anybody please advise me what FPGA is suitable for the implementation

Re: selection of FPGA

You should assign the frequency, precision, gates of the design, then choice the target device.

u need to find the target frequency , gate counts for ur design to select a "FPGA",
and also the COST of the FPGA,

MANY FPGA VENDORS like XILINX,ACTEL, ALTERA etc ,are there,
u have to choose one of them that suits to ur BUGET both in terms of design parameters and also the KIND of environment ur application will be working.

It depends of "how long is the algorith", it means how many logic elements and gates you uses, also it depens the program you want or like tu use, i prefer Altera`s fpga because of their flexibility and powerful program and simulation tool , Quartus.

kilone said:
I think Xilinx Virtex4 is a good choice
What makes you think so?!!
I believe that there are many parameters with orders,
A-COST
B-SIZE
C-SPEED

they are not independent parameters, but if you have a predifind cost then you will be limited with speed/size. on the other hand if you have a specific speed requirement this will affect your size and cost. However, usually you have a fixed budget then you go through the comprimising process between speed/area. other parameters may exist like power consumption, temprature of environment the design can handle ... etc. usually these parameters will affect the cost effectively.

thats all folks

selection of FPGA

please say detaily
you can synthesis it on one of xilinx FPGA,and see the LUT and FF, then you'll know

selection of FPGA

Blindly you start ur design entry with the target device set to any FPGA, once you finsih the synthesis, you will be in a position to select your device after seeing the synthesis report.

Status
Not open for further replies.