Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

caller ID project with ht9032

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryam.abdoli

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I had caller ID project. In my project I wanted to get caller id (number, date, time).
So I used caller ID unit (HT9032C). I implemented it exactly as in datasheet.
https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/64507/HOLTEK/HT9032.html
But:

• Instead of the “micro controller (µC)” I used serial to USB module (CP2102) to show me the output in my pc. So I installed hyper terminal software and my module driver (CP210x_Windows_Drivers).
• Connected DOUT to RX of the module.
• By using this module (CP2102) I didn’t need voltage regulator and power supply (DC 5v).Because this module have 5V and GND.so omitted HT1050 (it is a voltage regulator) and wired GND and 5V pin of the module to VSS and VDD
• I wired PDWN pin to ground.
• I checked RDET and CDET with Oscope.
• And used diode bridged device.

I connected TIP and RING to RJ11 terminal.
THE MOST IMPORTANT is choosing proper capacitors. Because voltage of input signal is up to 50 v so I shouldn’t use ceramic capacitor.so I used MKT (100V, 220n) and Polyester (100V, 10 n) for input capacitors and ceramic (50v, 30p) and Electrolytic (0.1µ). Using wrong capacitor may cause wrong answer. Because it can’t filter well and always have output because of the noise. At first I used ceramic capacitor for all of them. So always had unmeaning out even didn’t have ring.
For Setting of the hyper terminal: should use 1200bps.
After all of this it worked correctly. When I called to that line between the first and second ring my phone number and date and time was on the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.