Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Merged]: Measuring Reverse Leakage Current

Status
Not open for further replies.

poachedpig

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this circuit, it's actually a differential rectifier.

15183887_10207341812055824_769654879_o.png

How do I measure the reverse leakage current of my PMOS if my input is in AC?

Is it possible to measure the leakage current directly on my circuit? Or do I have to characterize the MOS and use a testbench to measure the leakage?

I did tried measuring the current through the node drain, it seems a bit large. So I am in doubt.

Reverse Leakage Current of a Rectifier

I am trying to study the operation of this circuit,

Screenshot_1.png

I am trying to measure the REVERSE LEAKAGE CURRENT of my main mos, but I don't really have any idea how.

A friend of mine told me to use this testbench,

14971886_10207353998560479_1408196956_n.png

The only problem is that her circuit is of DC in nature and mine is a passive rectifier which is AC. Also, my MOS function as a diode. I am not sure if it is applicable to my situation.

I tried to measure the current through the drain node of my PMOS directly to my circuit. But it seems like it is pretty large for a leakage current. I assumed it was wrong.

Do I have to isolate my main mos and auxiliary mos to measure the reverse leakage current?

Re: Reverse Leakage Current of a Rectifier

I tried to measure the current through the drain node of my PMOS directly to my circuit.
But it seems like it is pretty large for a leakage current.
I assumed it was wrong.
It is not wrong.
That is a true result of your circuit.

Do I have to isolate my main mos and auxiliary mos to measure the reverse leakage current?
No.
Auxiliary PMOS is no more than bias circuitry to feed bias voltage fo gate of main PMOS.

It is not wrong.
That is a true result of your circuit.

No.
Auxiliary PMOS is no more than bias circuitry to feed bias voltage fo gate of main PMOS.

If I understand it correctly, the subthreshold leakage current is the current flowing from source to drain. So I assumed that I can measure the leakage current from the current flowing from the drain.

**broken link removed**

I wanted to measure the leakage current in a single cycle where the mos is in off state, with respect to time.

plot.png

Just like in the plot above. Am I still gonna use Transient analysis for this? (sorry, I am not familiar with the rest of the tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back