Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to construct a ring oscillator using inverters (NOT gates) in simulink ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjun_rp

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to see how the phases of each inverter stage in the ring changes with time. If i connect odd number of inverter stages and probe the last stage with a scope, I am getting this error "Cannot solve algebraic loop involving 'untitled/Logical Operator' because it consists of blocks that cannot be assigned algebraic variables, such as blocks with discrete-valued outputs, blocks with non-double or complex outputs, Stateflow blocks, or nonvirtual subsystems. Consider breaking the algebraic loop. For example, add a delay or a memory block to the loop."

I would recommend you attach a snapshot of the diagram that you're trying to simulate, as well to post the exact error message reported.

According to the error message you are trying to build a ring oscillator with delay-less inverters. That's not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back