Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power required of broadcast transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmayna

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to know the power required by node i to broadcast its data to 2 nodes is it the sum of power ofrequired for each node separetly ??

No. If the antenna is omnidirectional, then ideally the power per unit area at a given distance in any direction is the same.

No. If the antenna is omnidirectional, then ideally the power per unit area at a given distance in any direction is the same.

thanks for the response,

the nodes are distante from the source by d1 and d2 .Since the power is function of the distance how the power is the same ??

What David83 is saying is an omnidirectional source produces a spherical radiation pattern. The strength decreases as the distance increases but the signal is there at all locations at all times. How much of it you receive is a proportional to the distance the to receiver location but one receiver does not influence what another picks up.

Brian.

Reactions: hmayna

hmayna

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What David83 is saying is an omnidirectional source produces a spherical radiation pattern. The strength decreases as the distance increases but the signal is there at all locations at all times. How much of it you receive is a proportional to the distance the to receiver location but one receiver does not influence what another picks up..

If the emission pattern is spherically symmetric, the signal strength decreases as the inverse square of the distance. In other words, the signal strength (W/m2) will be 1/4 at twice the distance.

If the emission is confined to a circular plane, the signal strength decreases as the inverse of the distance: the signal will be half as weak at twice the distance.

If the emission is confined to a parallel beam (pencil), the signal strength is independent of the distance.

Of course these are idealizations and are far from reality. You will mostly find that the signal always decreases as the inverse square of the distance (even if the beam has been focussed, it still has some divergence). That is where the directional pattern of the particular antenna comes in the picture.

hmayna

thanks for the response,

the nodes are distante from the source by d1 and d2 .Since the power is function of the distance how the power is the same ??

I said (ideally) the power at any given distance in any direction is the same. What power a node receives doesn't affect the power the other node receives. A node receives a power that's proportional to its distance from the transmitter. It doesn't matter how many nodes there are as receivers.

Last edited:

hmayna

I said (ideally) the power at any given distance in any direction is the same. What power a node receives doesn't affect the power the other node receives. A node receives a power that's proportional to its distance from the transmitter. It doesn't matter how many nodes there are as receivers.

But I talk about the transmit power of node i to node j which is proportional to the distance of transmission. In the equation (1) of this paper https://people.rennes.inria.fr/Olivier.Sentieys/publications/2007/NBS07.pdf is the transmit power of the source to a destination D which distant d ,when we have a destination D1 distant d1 from the source, the transmit power is simply we remplace d by d1 .But when the source broadcast to D and D1 what is the transmit power ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back