Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem changing PCI Parallel Port address to 0x378

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouwad

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am using a PCI based parallel card to program my FPGA as provided by the manufacturer. The software readme.txt says to change the parrallel port address to 0x378 to run the burn software.
I am using Dell Optiplex 9010 with A13.0 Version of BIOS. I am unable to find the change of Address settings in my BIOS. can anyone help me with this issue. Thanks

the pci card will assign the address to 378 if it is programmed. Are you trying to set up the BIOS before testing the card?

Did you boot the system with the pci card and see the operation ?

yes i did restart the pc, and yes i installed the drivers for PCI card but it didnt set its address to 378. I want to change its address to 378 through BIOS or any other way

does your system has a parallel port in the motherboard ?
Do you see LPT in BIOS?

I dont have Parallael port on my motherboard, thats why i am using PCI based Parallel card, and BIOS just shows that a parallel card is inserted on PCI slot number 3. No option for editing

Then your PCI card will work at the said address.
You will not have the option in BIOS.

Hi,

Sometimes you can configure this with the OS.

Klaus

Hi,

I'm not sure if I can, but surely not before you say what OS you use. ;-)

Klaus

I dont have Parallael port on my motherboard, thats why i am using PCI based Parallel card, and BIOS just shows that a parallel card is inserted on PCI slot number 3. No option for editing

You did not mention so far what is that PCI based parallel card; brand, specifications, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.