Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please turn off the newsletter popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

123jack

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is very annoying.

I'm on Chrome, and no pop-up windows appears for me.
Not sure if it was already configured to block it in my browser.

Anyway, considering that the forum belongs to a commercial company, we should expect as normal the use of advertisements by them, even if we do not like so much, but I think Admins are always attentive and solicitous for the requests of members.

Advertising is one thing - a pop-up blocking your screen every time you change pages
is another thing entirely. I don't want the newsletter and I dont want the pop up
blocking the pages every single time I change it or leave it a few seconds while I read
makes the site more than irritating to use. I'm using firefox and pop-ups are blocked
yet this keeps flashing up.

One of the reasons I use edaboard rather than one of the many others is specifically
because it doesnt have things flashing, flickering or sounding off on the pages.
Animated web sites are things I avoid entirely.

Is there a way of counting the "newsletter" offer window via the session cookie, and turning it off after 1 or 2 mouse movements out of the EDA window, if that's what triggers it?

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.

My popup blocker worked for a while but now the
screen locks up gray until I hit "Esc" upon which the
nag-window appears and disappears.

How many times do I have to say "No!"?

Like Andre, I don't see them either, using Firefox but it may be that Moderators are spared the pain..

Brian.

I use firefox with adblock plus and don't see any adds or offers, I also have chrome and see adds but only see popups that block the page if I'm not logged into my account or don't have the Remember Me? checked when I sign in. If I forget to do that the system keeps logging me out and the site's behavior is like I'm not logged in, i.e. occasional popups that the cover the page and require you click on X to get rid of them.

Hi,

I use Opera for most websites that feature ads because they slow down the rural connection I have, but the newsletter pop-up isn't an advert, so it lets them through.

Put an ad at the side of the forum and turn the pop-up off when someone logs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back