Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to avoid data breaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongdragon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A friend of mine who works in a popular company told me that they had experienced an internal data breach a few months ago; it was already solved as of this moment. I am just wondering, with a company as big as that; how could a data breach happen? I am pretty much sure that they have data governance because it is an important function in an enterprise. But how could that happen? Are there new ways to avoid data breaches and what makes an effective data governance and security solution?

Makes you wonder if there are data breaches that don't make the news, doesn't it?

Businesses would rather keep breaches a secret. If they do announce a breach, they don't want to give details how it was possible. Perhaps a hacker can find entry to the database, with or without a password. Or perhaps it was an inside job, and then they certainly don't want to admit that could happen.

The security experts also don't want to reveal their secrets. They don't need competitors in the security field. And if a secret gets out, there are hackers quick to take advantage of it.

And since no one ever gets sacked for failing to do their job there is no incentive
for network administrators to pull their finger out and get pro-active.

Status
Not open for further replies.