Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What about a 3D/printer forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I would like to suggest the creation of a 3D-printer forum, I thought there might be some interest in discussing such things.

Of course I have my self just started into that area but I can see it used in many relevant applications together with electronics, such as designing enclosures for electronic circuits or printing bobbins for inductors(I will try to utilize a lot of scavenged cores through this use) or printing air-cores, or replacing non electronic parts of old devices.

I at least could see how that could be nice.

Regards

It’s just my own oppinion, but as far as I can see, the expression “3D printer” is somewhat restrictive due in principle it is assumed the extrusion or any other additive process to fill regions with materials. Most of the knowledge base as well most of the electro-mechanical structure used for that may cover a wide range of other subjects related to equipment working in the 3 dimensional space, such as milling machines, CNCs, pick-and-place, etc…

Perhaps the already existing “Robotics and Automation Forum” is the best place for discussing that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back