Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to install properly Synopsys custom designer on Ubuntu OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Sharma

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to install synopsys custom designer on Ubuntu 14.04 , the installation was successful but when i tried to run $cdesigner, an error displayed as- ""Incomplete installation: OpenAccess is missing or improperly installed""

openaccess is needed, and must be on your path too

How will i get open access? i have searched into installation setup(CD) and related files but i couldn't find it. Please tell me from where will i get this.

from synopsys website. you need access to that, it is likely someone on your company/university handles that and you will need their help.

Open Access (OA) is the format of your schematic/layout database.
Custom Designer will read your lib.defs file in your working directory to know the list of your libraries. Such libraries must be in OA format.

Status
Not open for further replies.