Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High-speed V to I converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

prof_zlyh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I have differential voltage signal, which represents pulses. Form of this pulses can be rectangular, gauss, exponential and parabolic. Duration of this pulse can be between 50 and 1000 ns. Rise time and fall time of rectangular pulse 2-5 ns. Amplitude of this pulses can be between 10 mV and 2.5 V. I need to convert this voltage pulses to current pulses with amplitude (current signal also should be differential) from 10 nA to 1 mA. Furthermore, output of this converter should be isolated from external circuit, because there is high voltage (about 300 V). So, i need high-speed wide-range voltage to current converter. Do you have any suggestions?

Some parameters of your specification don't fit well together. A differential current source can be hardly implemented without finite common mode impedance. Achieving nA signal magnitude, ns rise time and 300 V common mode voltage at the same time sounds unrealistic. At least need a third terminal acting as signal ground or guard potential.

You should also give an idea about an acceptable load impedance.

Load impedance is between 50 Om and 10 kOm.

Status
Not open for further replies.