Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR sensor issue using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenesasT

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using PIR sensor HC-SR501 interfaced with my micro controller. I have interfaced it in correct way. I wanted to operate DC FAN. Thing is that when motion of human is there, the fan is getting turns ON. If human is moving then FAN keeps in ON state. Once human leave the room FAN gets OFF. The operation is perfect. Now if human enters in room and does not move then fan turns OFF. If human is resting on chair then FAN should not turn OFF. What can I do?

Do I needed to change the sensor. I have chosen this sensor because I have to monitor the human in whole Room. If Human is in the Room(Standby or moving) then FAN should turns ON and if Human is not in the room then FAN turns OFF. Please suggest. Awaiting for your replies...

How ? how it will detect human ?

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is that, PIR sensor senses the human motion. But if person enter in the room then fan will turn ON.

If person becomes steady below the FAN then FAN will become OFF. This should be avoidable. The FAN should not stop until and unless he will leave the room. How to implement this situation?

Hi,

This solution doesn't use a PIR, but I can't think of any solution for what you describe... If the room only has one entry point, maybe an ir led across the doorframe could be used to latch on for entry and off for exit from the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back