Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disabling Automatic "Marked As Read"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLK001

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The software that this forum uses will MARK AS READ posts, whether I have read the post or not. This makes it difficult to scan through the post titles looking for posts that I wanted to read later. I get a

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read"

message on the forum page.

All posts below this message are marked as read (again, whether actually read or not).

Is there anyway I can disable the automatic marking as "read" - especially since I haven't actually "read" the post? Or, what is the logic for this automatic marking of posts?

Regardless of whether such a feature exists or not, I presume that the logic behind that configuration is that most members usually do not read all the actual unread threads due to the expressive daily amount of new posts, therefore in theory this would saturate the database, increasing every day with IDs of new unread threads. Apparently it's just a matter of weighing the advantages and drawbacks of each implementation. In a forum with little audience it would be more reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back