Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simple question about carry logic implementation in old Xilinx Spartan 3 series FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangicut

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone!

Can someone help me with one strange thing in the documentation of Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGAs.

I have an old PCB with Spartan 3E FPGA. The device realizes some DSP and arithmetic algorithms. My task is to optimize them in means of area.

I've opened this FPGA datasheet (ds312 - https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds312.pdf) and found strange shematic of the implementation of carry logic for one-bit full adder using logic cell's 2-1 mux (p. 30 fig. 23 Using the MUXCY and XORCY in the Carry Logic). I see here a mistake - the zero input of the MUX should be loaded by "A and B", not by only "A".

Am I right?

Thanks.

The data sheet is correct, but "A and B" would also work. The zero input of the MUX is only selected when A and B are equal, so B must be '1' when A='1' and MUX input zero is selected.

Oh, yes. I've written the truth table - everything is OK, my mistake) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back