Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cascading 2 RF LNA, do I need to AC-couple them? Does DC-bias stays the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've used a single LNA and biased it according to specs. Now, if I want to put 2 of them in series, do I need to AC couple RF lines between them? Do I need to change my DC-bias?

IMG_1456.JPG

If I want to put another LNA, do put a cap between them?

Do your amplifying stages consist of transistors? There is the handy trick of alternating N devices and P devices. Each stage can bias the next stage at correct polarity. No need for series capacitors.

No, it's a monolithic amplifier, everything is matched to 50Ω.

As above ^^^

Usually the spec sheet tells you if its dc to xxx Mhz, if so then its certainly dc coupled all the way through and will require external coupling capacitors.

If it has internal coupling capacitors, it much more likely to mention a minimum (but fairly high) operating frequency in the specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back