Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RMS noise calculation for a bandgap circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All, I have the noise simulation results for a bandgap circuit. Am trying to calculate rms noise over 0.1Hz to 10Hz but not sure if my calculation is correct.
Here is my results. The left figure and the right figure were plotted from the same data. The only difference is that the Y-axis of the right figure is in log-domain.
RMS NOISE .png

There is an online tutorial regarding the calculation of rms noise over 0.1-10Hz for an op-amp circuit.
https://www.analog.com/media/en/training-seminars/tutorials/MT-048.pdf

I am not sure if I should follow the equations in page 3 of this tutorial to calculate my rms noise in 0.1Hz-10Hz. My question includes (1) Vnw number {should I use my noise data at 10Hz to calculate? } and (2)Fc {is it always true to use 0.7Hz Fc when we have FL=0.1Hz and FH=10Hz}?
noise calculation formula.png

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.