Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB milling machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

600V3Phase

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello fellas,

I am looking to create my own double sided PCB boards. I was looking into a machine called Cirquoid which looks pretty good. You can see it here:

**broken link removed**

According to the videos and website, it seems to have all the necessary tools and capabilities to create a PCB from scratch.

In other words you can design your circuit and download it to the machine and it will automatically mill the board and drill the holes. It can also do component emplacement which is great.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this machine and can share their personal experience in terms of advantages and disadvantages.

Also if anyone knows of any other PCB milling machine that offer a complete kit solution as the Cirquoid does, please let me know!

Thanks

I do not have one but I've heard good reports about it. It is one of the few products with support for Linux and Mac as well as Windows.

Before buying, take a look at which list similar machines which might be more suitable. There are signs that a combined isolation router and 3D printer may soon be hitting the market, the technologies are very similar so if you can wait a while you might get a more versatile machine and in any case, the cost of existing machines will be pushed down.

Brian.

Ok thanks for responding Brian. I'm just shopping around now and will probably be serious in purchasing in about a year from now.

Thanks for your much appreciated comments!
r

Status
Not open for further replies.