Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Specification Of Scada Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

photossta

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please I am new to SCADA system and currently doing a specification document for my university project. I am doing it for a SCADA system and need someone with knowledge to review what terms I have used for the sections I have.

For the System Operational Functional Requirements section, I wrote

Fire System Requirements
The SCADA system will perform monitoring of the Fire Main Inlet Valve. The following status of the Inlet Valve will be monitored, logged and displayed by the ITCS:
• Inlet Valve Position
• Inlet Valve state (Open / Close)
• Inlet Valve Local Control state
• Inlet Valve Fault(Neither Open or Closed)
• Pressure Switch
• Flow Switch

The SCADA system will perform control of the Fire Main Inlet Valve. The Inlet Valve signals to be driven are as follows:
• Inlet Valve Open Drive
• Inlet Valve Close Drive

For the System Input and Output Requirements section, I wrote

The SCADA system I/O with the Fire System will allow:
1) Alarm and status information of the system to be monitored, logged and displayed at the SCADA Clients including:
a) Inlet valve position;
b) Inlet valve alarms;
c) Inlet valve status;
d) Pressure switch status;
e) Flow switch status.

2) Control of the system by operators at the SCADA Client including:
a) Inlet valve position;

Please I would appreciate if someone could help and evaluate the terms I have used such as 'Status', 'Position' 'State' and others and to correct me if I wrote it wrong or if there are better terms to use or better ways to structure my information.

Status
Not open for further replies.