Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does mobile battery produces loading effect when its charged by mobile charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghavkmr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using an app on android which tells about incoming current when charging and outgoing when discharging,
the current was constant 453-456 mA till 90 % charging but after that it reduced and when i keep it connected after 100 % charging it show 60-62 mA

Is it due to loading effect,same as a resistive load produces when connected in a circuit or is there any other reason

This sounds as though it's a 'smart' charger. It performs a taper charge. It reduces charge rate as the battery becomes almost full.

That (~500mA) is a very high charging rate; my 8000mAh Li batteries charge at that rate...

A Lithium battery is first charged by a constant current until its voltage reaches 4.2V per cell then the voltage is regulated at 4.2V. Then the battery charging current automatically reduces and when it is fairly low then the charger turns off and alerts you that the battery is fully charged.

The 150mAh Lithium-Polymer batteries for my electric radio controlled airplanes are charged at 300mA with no problems.

500mA is not very high rate ,mobile chargers are available for even 2A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back