Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird resistor color code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hicham M

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have this resistor with code color that doesnt make sense to me. I know that this is a very old resistor that I found in an old lab equipment and was curious of it's value

I don't have the board yet, so i can't measure it.

Anyone here can tell me the value ?

13348924_1095376013855980_1848382516_n.jpg

Although the color code as described does indeed point to a 8.2 ohm, 5% resistor...what bugs me is the violet color.

The best metal films (very expensive, very rare) are 50 ppm, with 100 and 200 ppm being the most common.

To achieve that low level of tempco, one requires either foil or wirewound resistors....which have a totally different shape.

But I'm prepared to learn something new............may I ask you, what type of equipment is this? Is it commercial, industrial, medical or military grade?

I was thinking the same.

I built this board like 5 years ago when I was in an old lab with lots of high end old components.
It's a board for monitoring a water will level nothing fancy :) and I'm sure that i didn't need this high end resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.