Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Winding current magnitude specification in Ansys Maxwell ( Transient simulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I intend to design a dipole coil having the specifications : 60 turns and 120 AT .

I am specifying the no of conductors as 60 in the coil terminal excitation for Ansys Maxwell transient simulation. But while adding the winding, what is the magnitude of the current I should specify ? Will it be 2A or 120A. Any suggestion will be really helpful.

[Update]
To be more specific, my question is whether I should specify the ampere turn or the current in each term in the winding definition of Ansys Maxwell transient simulation. Apologies if I am missing anything obvious but it would be really great if someone can sort it out to me as this is my first Maxwell design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back