Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VW Golf 5 Grunding (Blaupunkt) RCD300 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmandl

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
Yesterday, I removed my auto radio RCD300 from my Golf 5. I want to modificate it (just for fun) and make a touch screen multimedia device for my car. I decided to use my (until now) unused raspberry pi computer, with some touch screen connected to it. But raspberry doesn't have enough power to drive sound system in my car, so I want to use my existing amplifier in this radio (RCD300). I want to completely remove front panel of this autoradio (all buttons and screen), so that everything would be controlled with a touchscreen and raspberry pi. Is it possible to use raspberry pi to communicate with this radio, to use its amplifier and switch between antenna and AUX input, on which raspberry pi audio output would be connected? It is possible to send commands to radio via SPI interface to control everything, or is it possible just with buttons on front panel of the radio?
On this site, there are mentioned some commands, which controls radio, but where could I get all commands?
I was thinking of building some embedded application for linux, that would run at startup to control radio. Buttons on screen would be programmed to send commands via ISP to the radio. Do anyone has some info for this radio and ISP interface?

Also, would it be possible to build a control cable to connect it to computer for developing purposes and try to send commands with ISP protocol to the radio, just to see if it responds?

Have a nice day and thank you for all your answers.

Here is a schematic diagram of radio system. On page 15 it's processor and ISP interface. Could someone look at it? Would it be possible to controll radio with this interface without buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.