Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fresh Graduate Career Advice (Chip design mixed signal or digital)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iampaul

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently passed the Electronics Engineering Licensure exam in the philippines and I'm plannning to pursue a career in chip design preferrably mixed signal or digital. I have applied at different semiconductor companies. The problem is they don't design the IC's here, they only conduct tests and troubleshooting. I am planning to work as a test engineer for a while then work in japan or the US after 5 years. I will most likely go to the US rather than Japan since I am a dual US/Filipino Citizen.

I humbly ask for any advice on how I could increase my skills and experience in order to compete with applicants in the US within 5 years or 7 years. i am willing to take up my masters degree and to devote most of my free time to studying. I know that the competition would be tough since there are also skilled and experienced applicants coming from other countries, which is why I am taking this preparation seriously.

Also, what documents would I need in order to work in the US. Right now, I only have my US passport, birth certificate and a social security card. Also my academic records started excellent with many As and A+, but I slowly grew tired and got a lot of low grades and even 1 failing grade. Although, I was among the top 10 in the national electronics engineering licensure exam with over 6000 examinees all over the country with only 33% national passing rate, would that be enough to compensate for my poor grades at the university. Thank you for your time, and any reply would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back