Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] can't delete hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariebl

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I can't delete hard disk
In "disk management" I am on the disk I want to delete with right click I see all options and the "delete" option is not active (gray color)

note:
* It is a striped hard disk that is one hard disk from 3 actual hard disks
* the disk is totally empty
Arie

I could be wrong but raid arrays can only allow deleting of all thee disks together. Especially as stripped arrays are considered a single continous disk.

Yes, I want to delete all 3 of them (that are united in one volume)

First, you have to delete the dynamic volume.
**broken link removed**

I know it and this is the problem
as mention in the link at microsoft you sent

Option 1: Using the Windows interface:
I did: Computer Management (Local) > Storage > Disk Management, Right-click the dynamic volume you want to delete, and then click Delete Volume
the problem: the "delete volume" is not active

2) Using a command line:
I did: in the DISKPART prompt -->, type:list volume, type: select volume n, At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete volume
the problem: "Virtual Disk Service error: Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hidernation volium"

Arie

The volume is in use (as the DISKPART reported).
Try removing any drive letters associated with the volume.
Try starting in safe mode, or in repair mode (console mode).

If the volume consists of 3 different disks and you do not have anything to save in them, why don't you physically (or by bios settings) remove one to break the volume and then initialize them separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back