Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TDA7294 with power BJT...... blown ic chip ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aby Raj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a TDA7294 outputted with a 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 pair....The design seems to be very popular and I got it from a website called 320volt.com. After making the PCB successfully, I tested it on a PC SMPS but mistakingly connected 0 volt and negative and this led to a lot of heating mainly in IC and too some extent in the BJTs. Afterwards, I connected it properly and everything went smooth....I was able to hear the sound... No problem with heatsinks...

Yesterday, I made a dual rail supply of 30-0-30 volt and connected it to the amp. I used filters and all..made the connections proper....but the IC blew up.....

What could be the reason ?????

Just guessing: High frequency oscillation and no (fold-back) current limiting in your dual rail supply?

The datasheet for the TDA7294 does not show it with booster transistors. The datasheet of the TDA2030A shows it with them.
I found three TDA7294 amplifiers from 320volt.com. One was blocked by my anti-virus software as being unsafe (with a virus?), one has the ordinary 100 Whats (70 Watts) circuit and one has the circuit with two TDA7294 ICs being bridged.

You forgot to attach the schematic and maybe a photo of the circuit you used.

Status
Not open for further replies.