Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs422 to rs232 using MAX485

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANS HAFEEZ

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Incremental Encoder RI 76TD with output rs422 (conversion from rs422 to rs232)

I have Incremental Encoder RI 76TD with output rs422
in rs422 we have rx+ rx- tx+ tx-

SO how can i get data from it using arduino??
can i use MAX485 to convert rs422 to rs232 if yes then what whould be the wiring diagram .
pinout of encoder
data.png

Last edited:

I guess you don't understand yet how the incremental encoder interface works. It's not a digital data output that can be connected to a serial interface. Instead it has quadrature signals A/B and an index pulse channel that have to be processed by a special quadrature encoder interface. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_encoder#Incremental_rotary_encoder

Converting the A/B signals to RS232 levels makes no sense. You'll use a RS422 receiver to convert it to logic level and feed it e.g. to microcontroller with hardware or software (suitable for slow speed only) quadrature encoder interface.

RS-422 is a popular interface standard for interference-free connection incremental encoder signals. It has nothing to do with serial data transmission in this case.

As encoders are usually used with motors and often in a electrically noisy environment, some encoders can be purchased that have RS-422 (or other type of differential outputs) to be more immune to noise. All you need on the other end is the matching receiver circuit to convert the differential signals back to digital signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back