Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between ISE and Vivado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunayana Chakradhar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a very basic question but i hold it very important in my understanding of the FPGA and the tools..

In ISE, once I generated bit stream for an example LED blinking program, i could download on the board and could see the LED blinking on the respective pins.. However, in Vivado, once I generate bitstream and then go to open hardware manager and download on the board, I am not able to see the LED blinking. Only when I go to SDK side and write a LED blinking application and the program device, I can see the LEDs blinking on the board. Why is this? Can some explain me the difference between ISE and Vivado with respect to LED blinking program?

Why is this? Can some explain me the difference between ISE and Vivado with respect to LED blinking program?

Are you using the exactly the same logic blocks to generate the bitstream for Vivado as in ISE?

You mentioned using SDK for Vivado which indicates there is some kind of embedded uP being used, due to which it is necessary to write the firmware for it.
Was the same uP used during ISE usage too?

See if you are do not provide details of the scenario then I can only speculate. How can we sitting here, know about the differences of your personal project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back