Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hideous new ad insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ads-ee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm running an ad blocker and I'm still seeing some really hideous annoying ad insertion between forum sections?

Capture.JPG

Is this something that is now going to be normal, they even move around where they are inserted plus they seem to change in quantity when refreshing the page. I've seen 1 up to 4 so far (the picture is of the 4).

The new ad insertion method (i.e. constantly moving around and occurring even when blocked) makes me less likely to visit...I consider it to intrusive.

I get 8 ads on the home page. We may be seeing an interface update being done by programmers. I'd be surprised if they leave it this way, where we get several ads per page.

The forum’s page occasionally exhibit transitory changes that are clearly due to some programing in course. What makes me a little concerned is that even knowing that proper care are certainly being taken to backuping, it induces to believe that perhaps there is not a separate development environment to validate the upgrade steps.

Well I wouldn't mind ads on the side of the screen (widescreens and all), but embedded in the middle between each section, now I have to scroll way more just to get to a section, and that scrolling is inconsistent based on the size of the ad.

This doesn't make me want to visit, in fact it makes me less inclined to visit.

Now there are ads all over this place. Maybe soon they will ask us to pay for a version of this site without the ads.

Nah... this was my bad mistake. We put a survey modal on for a few days in the footer of the forum index pages that would only show up once and then cookie & IP itself away. Well when it was turned off our ad server said... oh nothing here... lets run one of our promo ads for DatasheetPro.com

Anyhow.. now running an add that shows   in that well till I can go back and git rollback the changes.

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back