Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meeting oscillation conditions at input or output port gives different matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator3

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing calculations on negative feedback oscillator. Here is some confusing part. If oscillation condition is met either at input or output port, then circuit is oscillating. I understand that. But when i calculate reflection coefficients for both cases, i get different matching networks. I thought that formula of Gout and Gin for both cases will provide exact results.

I mean:
(case 1)
if i choose some Gsource near to Gsource=1/S11 and
Gout=S22+(S12*S21)*Gsource/(1-S11*Gsource)
Gload=1/Gout

(case 2, oscillation condition at output port)
if i choose some Gload near to Gload=1/S22 and
Gin=S11+(S12*S21)*Gload/(1-S22*Gload)
Gsource2=1/Gin
then i get Gsource2 that is pretty far away from Gsource in the case 1.

For example, in first case i choosed
Gsource=PolarToRect(0.35,-170);

In the second configuration Gsource is not choosen, it is result of calculations:
Abs(Gsource)
Ans = 0.014390937
Arg(Gsource)
Ans = -179.931423526

My idea is that Gsource2 must be more similar to Gsource because we use
these formulas:
Gout=S22+(S12*S21)*Gsource/(1-S11*Gsource)
Gin=S11+(S12*S21)*Gload/(1-S22*Gload)

Please comment. My calculations somewhere wrong, or it is true that we get two different configurations in these two cases?

In other words, i thought that choosing Gsource=1/S11 will automatically give Gload=1/S22 through using Gout=S22+(S12*S21)*Gsource/(1-S11*Gsource)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back