Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate inductance of coils in CST Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluechips

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am designing a wireless power transfer system of two coils. The first one (Tx-coil, PORT 1) is a 1-turn coil and the second one (Rx-coil, PORT 2) is a 7-turn helical coil. In the post-processing section, I can extract the value of the inductance of the first coil, but I wanna also obtain the inductance value of the second coil. How can I do it? Thank you so much!

in your CST simulation, your data for second coil will be in S(2,2). Z(2,2) also will be available so you can insert equation to get your L(2,2).

in your CST simulation, your data for second coil will be in S(2,2). Z(2,2) also will be available so you can insert equation to get your L(2,2).

Thank you, pragash. How can I insert the question to get L(2,2) in the post-processing part of CST?

hi bluechips,
honestly i have not done that in CST and i dont aware if CST have such capabilities. if i were you, i will export the touchstone file from CST to ADS and simulate SNP data. you can insert equation in keysight ADS without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back