Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure the pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidkavianathar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to measure the pressure. I should put the it in the shoe and the measure the pressure. I want to find out that the person is walking or not. do you which sensor is the best? do have another solution?
I apologize for my bad English.
thanks.

Pressure mats are fairly commonly used as intruder alarms hidden under carpet.
There is plenty on the internet about these, and how to make your own.
It's basically two conductive surfaces separated by some kind of rubber mesh.
Something like that could be cut to fit inside a shoe fairly easily.

If you just want to know whether the person is walking or not, you will need a digital output- something like a switch. If you want to know the pressure, you will need an analog output- something like a strain gauge. As mentioned in post #2, conducting rubber mats are widely used in most common strain gauges and you can use them to measure forces corresponding to grams to tons.

Besides pressure sensitive resistors, piezoelectric sensors could be used, e.g. a PVDF film with electrodes connected to a charge amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back