Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which forum would be best to post this in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaaappp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a few specific, intermediate to advanced, audio electronics questions. But I'm uncertain where to post as they overlap forums: the questions are RE audio signal levels and quality, but also with schematic / part selection, and PCB trace layout.

please advise.

thanks!
- Howard in Florida

If you are not selling anything but seeking information or advice, I would suggest the "Elementary Electronic Questions" section. If your questions relate only to analog circuits, you could post in "Analog Circuit Design". There is inevitably some overlap between topic threads and no harm is done by diverging slightly off the main theme.

Thank you for asking though - some people post in several sections and it makes it harder for the moderators to tidy up!

Brian.

Sections may overlap, as you point out. The home page describes the various sections.

All updated threads appear in the lefthand menu, and our daily regular posters all see this menu.

One helpful guideline is to consider that a visiting expert is likely to read in the section which relates to his field of expertise.

Try to post your replies in one thread, once discussion has begun regarding that particular topic.

* Analog circuit design is a section which covers general topics and overall process of design.

* When you wish to post concerning a particular project you are working on, a suitable section is Hobby circuits and small project problems.

PCB trace layout

PCB Routing Schematic Layout software and Simulation, is the proper section, so our experts will notice your post on this topic.

Thank you for asking though - some people post in several sections and it makes it harder for the moderators to tidy up!
Brian.

thanks for the prompt reply, Brian, and, you're welcome - that was precisely the problem I wanted to avoid :))
EDIT: thanks, too, Brad

Another similar, related question, if I may: Is there a specific forum, group, album, etc. holding links to outside, but helpful reference material, or is such scattered across posts by forum? If you all don't have that, I think a dedicated, one-stop reference forum might be prove really handy, using, say, a tag of some sort that earmarks the category (forum) where discussion should happen, e.g. TAG= "Elementary_Electronics," "Analog_Circuit_Design," etc. (As opposed to placing references inside their respective forums.) Worst case headache for you and your fellow moderators would be having to move ensuing discussions into their proper forum.

I think you get what I mean, just a repository of links to internet goodies, maybe with a 10,000 foot description requested of the poster. Here's one on my desk, for instance. At the moment, I'm drilling into the guts of OpAmps, one of my favorites is the well-known "Op Amps for Everyone," by Ron Mancini, Ed. at Texas Instruments. There are older editions all over the internet, and recent editions on Amazon, of course. Even the older, quasi-public-domain, versions, such as the Design Reference from 2002, are very much still usable.

So, if I were to post this in a Reference Materials forum, I'd do a run down and review of what I have access to.

thoughts?

thanks for your time - much appreciated.
- Howard

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back