Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datsheet for RG2004A 20x4 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone have datasheet or pinout for RG2004A 20x4 LCD, kindly help

I'm fairly certain the RG2004 series utilizes a HD44780 compatible chipset, like the S6A0069.

While I do not have RG2004A datasheet, I believe it is very similar to the attached GDM2004D datasheet.

If correct, be aware the connector needs to be orientated at the top of the device and pin 1 is in the top left corner.

I've also attached the datasheet for the TC2004A LCD which is essentially the same LCD from a different supplier, I've utilized both these devices in past projects.

BigDog

Attachments

• GDM2004D.pdf
    737.3 KB · Views: 129
  • TC2004A-01.pdf
    939.6 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
How would check both are same?

I would first check that pins 15 and 16 are the Anode (+) and Cathode (- or GND) respectfully for the backlight using a current limiting resistor (220Ω).

If this is the case then wire the remaining pins as indicate by either of the datasheets I've provide and simply run some existing LCD (HD44780 compatible) code to test the display.

BigDog

Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back