Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Search string for a specific forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaaappp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

is there a token / mnemonic for searching a specific forum (via search box at top right corner of menu bar)?

In my case, I already knew the forum it would most likely be in, so something like

' 60hz 50hz converter forum:power electronics '

granted, maybe a bad example as the search yields a small set of results, but you get the idea.

thanks!

Use the search functionality using the green bar search link

Snap2.jpg

Use the search single content type, seems to work better

I sometimes use an internet search to look for something on Edaboard. (I hope that doesn't make me a traitor.) Maybe to find an old post of mine, or a combination of small words which were in a post. I'd prefer to see every hit which contained all those particular words, but it's always an 'approximate' bunch of hits. Nothing is ideal.

I guess you can use google but you can't use any search criteria (like post age, category, number of replies etc).

In order to use google to search edaboard you can use

Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]type_here_the_search_phrase[/COLOR] site:www.edaboard.com

thanks, alexan and brad --- odd I looked at the advanced options and didn't notice. The google search is a cool idea, amazing that it digs that deep.

BTW, I know "thank-you-only" replies are discouraged as superfluous, but I think it might be appropriate here. For the prompt and workable replies to this thread, but more for doing and maintaining the site. I know what it takes to do that. And the site has an astonishing amount of good, pragmatic info. Don't know how I missed the place before!

cheers
- Howard in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back