Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

login to a webpage running in raspberry through wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I want to make a webpage that will display some data and that will run on raspberry. I should use a wifi module attached on one of raspberry's usb. The user should log in with password on the webpage wirelessly and see the data. I will also use tempareture sensor that raspberry should read the data. Can this be done? What OS to install on raspberry that will help me? I think of installing raspbian and write code in python. Or it is better to install Windows and write the code on C#?

I would appreciate If you could tell me from where to start!

Last edited:

hey, how are you going with your project? did you already decided how to do it?

if not, I suggest you to use raspbian and python, you can make a small web server with python FLASK and combine with GPIO or python SERIAL to read your sensor in the same program (to avoid threading if you're a beginner)

another alternative is use node.js and express to make your web server (but how are you going to read the sensor?) I think I have seen wiringpi examples in node. if you don't know node.js maybe you can check node-red which is a graphical interface (and I think last versions of raspbian comes with node-red pre-installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back