Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Self Oscillating Rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiqii

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Do anyone know self oscillating rectifier?

Do you want to make a DC generator with no input and have it work by perpetual motion? You have an oscillator and rectify its output that is used to power the oscillator and maybe power a load? Impossible.
It must have an external power supply to make up for losses. It wastes energy by making heat and it feeds energy to a load.

Hi Audioguru,

i would like to design an AC-DC rectifier by applying this concept, where the charge will be store in a component before entering to the mosfet. Thus, the mosfet can function although the ambient RF is lower than Vth.

Audioguru, I think they mean a synchronous rectifier instead of self oscillating. Using a MOSFET as a synchronized switch to provide rectification.

Brian.

Hi There, I just know that it is self-driven / self- power CMOS rectifier. DO you have any advise on this design?

I've never heard of such a thing and the only thing turned up by a search is this:

I'm not sure I would class it as a CMOS rectifier though.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.