Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] BSOD on Win 10 and System reset in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashugtiwari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
My system config is ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER, Core i7 4970K, 16GB ram, nvidia gtx 770 2GB, 100W Corsair PSU. Im running win 10 (ver 10.0.10240) and having some blue screen errors. I have uploaded the dump file. The CPU is overheating to 100C, to see the main issue, when i see in CPU-ID it shows the CPU is running at 4GHz and not throttling down automatically making it run hotter. Sometimes, shutting down and restarting after 5 mins solves the issue but it comes back later sometime. And im not running any application except kaspersky antivirus which is using only 0.3% to 1% CPU. There is no overclocking, already did dust removal, all BIOS settings are at default except one below.

Another problem i have is in BIOS, i set the BIOS CPU core voltage in offset mode with offset of 0.2V which makes CPU input voltage as 1.2V. But If I reset factory defaults, the system keeps resetting even in BIOS mode (not running any OS). So, I have to keep it to 0.2V offset.

Any solution on this.

Thanks for answers

Ashutosh

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    74.2 KB · Views: 82

The CPU is overheating to 100C

Overheating is an obvious possibility. Perhaps high temp's cause a tiny disconnect within an IC, then a reconnection as temperature drops. Try a chill pad against the hot IC. Or a peltier element. Not so chilly that water droplets gather on bare wiring.

Try removing unneeded ram, in case temperatures stay lower.

It's better to keep the panels in place when operating. The passageways are designed so the fan pulls air across hot IC's.

Do you have a liquid-cooled system? Did the liquid dry up? I don't know if there are retrofit liquid coolers available.

Don't know what to say about the bios settings.

Thanks BradtheRad. The BIOS settings issue is still unknown but setting some offset voltage do solve the issue.

Also, I had normal air fan cooler which i now replaced with corsair dual fan H100i v2 liquid cooler and now the temperature is not rising beyond 67 degrees even at highest overclocked frequency. It seems even if i had set all settings to non-overclocked cpu, it automatically used to overclock not sure why?

Now the problem did solve itself after installing liquid cooling but at cpu load of more than 10% it throttles up to full frequency but liquid cooling helps to keep temperatures low and so no issues is any system of any kind and no overheating.

There are utilities which can provide several pages of basic system information about your computer. They can fetch readings from temp sensors. Also bios settings (I think). They might help you track down a problem.

I found these utilities on free CD boot disks. I burned the CD boot disks from large ISO files, available free years ago at download sites under these names. They are different from each other and each has its useful features.

Emergency Boot CD (EBCD)
Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD)

I can't be sure whether these will work with your computer. By this time there may be other versions of boot CD's which are better than the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.