Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EM simulation Preference over circuit simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani14

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please any one suggest me if a microstrip multisection power divider can be drawn in the circuit schematics window then why we use EM simulation to design the same component.

Yes it could be drawn(modeled) in schematic window. The circuit is simulated in EM simulator because the one simulated in schematic is just an approximate model but the simulated layout is the realistic feasible one.

Reactions: mani14

mani14

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanku, now i am visualising.

I have to design a broadband multisection wilkinson power divider (3 section) the isolation resistor values are like 107 ohm, 211 ohm and 400 ohm, now the query is before Em structure modelling i must know SMD resistors dimensions then only the whole coordinates would be drawn as per . And my whole structure dimension (x:y)=(0.48:1.2 inches) when i am taking flat chip resistor dimension(0.12*1.6 inches or 0.08*0.05 inches) it is more than structure size. At this point something is missing and not accessible to me .

your suggesstions are most welcomed.Always Thankful

you might use even smaller resistor package like 0603 or even 0402.

Status
Not open for further replies.