Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential Microstrip Antenna Simulation in HFSS (Incorrect Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a dual layer differential microstrip antenna .This is my first HFSS simulation model and also I am very new to Antenna theory. This was designed based on a research paper . The model is running but the results aren't as they should be. (Like VSWR is highest at working frequency of 900 MHz; real and imaginary part of Z0 are coming zero for all frequencies.

Can someone kindly check this and say where is the error in this design. ? I have attached the HFSS file and the VSWR plot

Attachments

• Verify.rar
    36.1 KB · Views: 104
  • VSWR.png
    VSWR.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 127

Hi
You should put the Radiation Boundary at least lambda/4 away from the radiating parts of the structure. Calculate the distance and draw a bigger radiation box.

Hi rizoeda,

Thank you for your response. Yes I implemented it and also my model was incorrect and made some changes. I am getting realistic results now.
But the main problem was that I was getting linear graphs of this kind. It happened because I added only a few steps in my frequency sweep. Its solved as of now.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back