Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IOT, control a GPIO through internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

torla91

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi folks, how are you? I am looking for some instruction on the IoT. I would like to control a water heater remotely(with internet and from my mobile for example), with a relais or something similar. i have a FRDM k64f board and a router for the connection to the web. Because i am a noob in IoT and networks (i'm a mechatronics engineer) can someone explain me how can i face this problem?? At the moment i only need some info and possibly some example in order to understand how to solve the problem. I can also use pic microcontrollers or arduino. My FRDM board is suitable because it has a built in ethernet plug.

thank you, i will realy appreciate your help.

Yeah nice! I like it but i want to stay at a lower level! I d like to use the FRDM k64f or arduino or similar! Or a microcontroller as a pic...

I can't help with FRDM because I don't have a Compiler for that and I have not used that device. However I can help if you can use PIC18F.

From where can I buy FRDM k64f online. Shipping should be cheap or Free shipping. Also where can I get the free version of the compiler for it ? I will see if I can make a code for you.

Last edited:
I can't help with FRDM because I don't have a Compiler for that and I have not used that device. However I can help if you can use PIC18F.

oh urraahhh!! yes, my best desire is to work with pic!!! i have the pickit2 so i'm ready to go, i'm skilled with C programming but completely at low level with internet. If you help me it will be very appreciated!!!

from where i have to begin???

i'm a mikroC user, so i don't have problem with the usage of this compiler.

i have bought a wifi module esp8266, so instead using ethernet now we can use wifi. i think that the wi-fi connection is more suitable and "smart".

i bought it in a italian shop, the compiler is mbed and it is free, the cost of the board is around 30euros.

Ok. I can help if you can use PIC18F and mikroC PRO PIC Compiler. I prefer ethernet module because I have not used the ESP device. If you want me to use the ESP8xxx WiFi device then I need some time because I have to buy that module and make a project to test the working and also I don't have Wireless Internet to test it.

My choice of PIC is PIC18F46K22 but you can use PIC18F26K22 also. it has sufficient ROM and RAM. It can run at 64 MHz HS-PLL.

OK, no problem for the PIC, i have at home the models:
  • PIC18F14K22
  • PIC18F14K50
  • PIC18F4550
  • PIC18F4620
  • PIC18F46K20
I think that in this list there will be something similar to your choice, the red one is the most powerful.
I have mikroC and the programmer so i am ready to go!
So, now from where we have to start? i mean, i have to make a ethernet connection, so i need a rj45 plug and cable, any particular suggestments?

thank you!
AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back