Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vehical detection in the bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA3040

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
What is the most accurate way to installed system for vehicle detection in the unload and upload vehicle bay

System should be alert on or before 2meter vehicle comes to the unloading bay

What is the most suitable sensor or module that can be used for this application

Is there any ready made system to solve this issue

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

A light sensor is simple and easily available. But it is easy to trigger by any object besides vehicles. Possibly add a second sensor, such as heat (infrared) coming from an engine?

You may see left-turn lanes which have what looks like a large circle of steel wire embedded in the pavement. I'm pretty sure it's a metal detector for vehicles. There may be a way to use a similar method for your purpose.

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Brad Thanks for the reply and advice

What should you think about Ultrasonic sensor type solution

Ultrasonic sensor should work great but it will again give false positives when things other than a truck pass by.

If you're looking to buy something off the shelf this might be suitable.

The product you mentioned falls into the same weakness: It isn't able to identify the ID of any object.

PA3040

Yes, ultrasonic 'sonar/radar' is feasible. You should do some tests to monitor the sound profile of equipment in the area. There may be interfering sounds coming from known or unknown sources (that is, at a frequency which we can't hear). You want your system to operate in an unused band of the sound spectrum, or have a different pulse frequency, etc. You want to prevent false triggers of your sensor.

Are you thinking of a continual ultrasonic beam? There was an intersection where I believe they put an ultrasonic vehicle detector. When I walked in front of it, I felt a very high pitched, very loud 'sound' in my head. Again, you may want to try some tests.

PA3040

System should be alert on or before 2meter vehicle comes to the unloading bay

I assume you are trying to detect trucks in your loading bay, so a simple light beam set at an appropriate height should be able to ignore pedestrians and cars.

PA3040

Dear All Thanks for advice

Does any one should know about tailor made solution for this issue, I mean company or product?

I can solve this issue using ARDUINO but only risk is , it may be fail when we Handle the output at 230v

any advice

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.