Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Neoway GSM Module M590

Status
Not open for further replies.

abban270

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one
i have Neoway GSM Module M590
i connect it with interface RS232
and i want to send AT Command with Terminal
i have use this configuration
Code:
Baud: 9600.
8 Bits
Stop Bits:1
Parity: None
and when i connect the Module he dont send me message of startup mode
he send to the terminal Bizarre ASCII character
this is what happend
look at this video

[broken link removed... see later post]

Thanks in advance for help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your Dailymotion.com video sharing link does not work at this forum, evidently.

Can you post your video to Youtube, or Vimeo? Their sharing links have worked at this forum.

I have update the link
tell me if you cant see the

If you are getting anything then at least you know both sides are working and connected.
A very common cause of "bizarre ... characters" is an incorrect baud rate. Generally you need to be within 2-3% and preferably less than 1% for reliable communications.
On the PIC side, the common reasons are 1) you have not got the oscillator configured correctly and it is not generating the expected clock frequency to the UART; 2) you have miscalculated the baud rate value for the UART peripheral; 3) you are using a clock source (e.g. the internal RC oscillator) that is not stable enough or needs to be adjusted slightly to deliver the required frequency.
On the last point, a crystal is normally better than trying to use an internal oscillator but this does depend on the actual device you are using.
Susan

thanks for responding
1) normally baud rate are 9600 at Standard ??
2) i dont have oscilloscop to can detect the frequency
3) and i have try many configs
from 600 to 115200
but results are the same characters

do you can propose me a way to slove this probleme
Thanks in advance

On page 19 of the data sheet I found (google!) at **broken link removed** states that the default BAUD rate is 115200.
That would also explain why you only get a single 'character' when you reset the GSM board - the board is sending 12 characters in the time you expect only 1.
Susan

thanks Susan
i have change the BAUD rate to 115200
and he send me 1 character
so where is the probleme now
1) am trying to understand where is the probleme
2) when i put my sim on the module and i call it
there no responding
so: maybe module not yet started ??

There are other problems with no of bits and parity. You need to try no of bits 7 and parity odd; no of bits 8, parity odd; try all combinations...

i will try other configs
i will change parity and data bits
and i tell you the what heppend

@c_mitra - I think that 'trial and error' is generally bad advice as the data sheets should provide this information. Also, while there is no "standard' BAUD rate, probably the most common configuration is for 8 data bits, no parity ad one stop bit as the OP stated in the first post.
Having said that, the data sheet I've looked at only states the default BAUD rate so perhaps that is what is needed in this case. The data sheet is a bit poor in that regard.
@abban270 - I assume that you have the GSM module connected via an RS232 interface directly to your PC. I note the data sheet details the voltages on the TXD pin is from 0 to 2.85V. Make sure that the RS232 interface is designed to work with signals of that level and not 5V.
Also make sure that the VCCIO voltage is correct.
I would suggest that you put a scope of the TXD line and check that the signal is both of the correct size and also check the pulse timing - that will tell you a lot abotu what the chip is sending out.
On the other hand, if my assumption is wrong and you are using a microcontroller to receive the signal from the GSM chip, then you might need to show is the code you are using, including the oscillator and UART setups.
Susan

Hello buddys
i have slove the probleme:
i give the modul 5v
and its working perfect
Thanks for helping:Aussie Susan,c_mitra

Status
Not open for further replies.