Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can we read analog inputs in sparten 3e

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisat

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

how can we read analog inputs in sparten 3e. for reading analog inputs how can we interface adc to sparten 3e. I am new to FPGA . please do help me.

Any ADC can be interfaced with FPGA, either fast or slow, using parallel or serial protocols. But it's not ready to use, you need to write the respective interface logic.

Decide about your specification (resolution, speed, number of channels etc.), choose an ADC chip, design the interface.

Some FPGA eval kits are implementing a "poor mans" sigma delta ADC by using a FPGA differential input and an output pin providing feedback through a RC circuit.

A good starting point would be to begin reading the ADC section of the Starter Kit Board user guide that houses the Spartan 3E (e.g.- ug230.pdf).

After getting to know the resources you have on the Spartan 3E FPGA dev. board and comparing it to your requirements you can decide to move forward.

I found the following thread at the Xilinx Forums which might help you - "How to use the ADC on Spartan 3e kit board?"
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan...e-the-ADC-on-Spartan-3e-kit-board/td-p/194878

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back