Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make human following robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

danish06

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,Everyone

i am newbie in this forum,

i am undergraduate student of electronics,i want help about my Final year project
"human following Robot"can any one help me that,what type of sensors should i use,and what kind of methodology should i use to make human following robot.
i am very very grateful if any one helped me...:cool:

A simple way is an IR/light sensor, aimed toward the point where a human's waist should be 3 to 6 feet ahead of the robot. Mount an IR/led on the human, transmitting a wavelength which the sensor is sensitive to (with filtering, etc., as needed).

A single photodetector probably is insufficient. Consider an array of 3 or 4 or 5. Aim each one slightly away from center. Steer the robot so they pick up equal intensities of light. Then it is steering directly for the human.

If you can achieve the above, then you might eventually do away with a sending light on the human. Just detect light/dark boundaries at the human's waist at the left and right sides.

Start with a spec on what level of tracking you expect.

then decide if you need optical detection, transponder detection, false detection, collision avoidance. etc

I've seen on the net some new sensors that can detect odor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back