Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Spartan 6 Electrical Characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumkayaonur

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello;

I am designing an electronic card that includes FPGA (spartan 6 XC6SLX45 - 2CSG484C).

Is all inout pins of Spartan -6 3.3V ?

I checked Spartan 6 evulation board. Supply voltage bank have different input values. For example; some voltage inputs 1.2 V and some of them 3.3 V.

Is each voltage input supplying different IO ports ?

How can I know IO ports' voltage value ?

Could you give me electrical characteristics of Spartan 6's IO ports ?
Voltage supplies are as shown below.

voltage_supply.png

What you are looking for is the document from Xilinx called UG381 Spartan-6 FPGA SelectIO Resources and the datasheet DS162 Table 7 which gives the SelectIO Interface DC Input and Output Levels.

There are also PCB design guides available on Xilinx's website.

Seems to me you should either be getting information from the engineer designing the FPGA logic or you need to start studying how to connect and program the FPGA as the engineer responsible for the board design.

HI,

your Spartan has 4 IO banks. Each bank has it´s own supply pins.
(You see VCCO_0 to VCCO_3)

If you power bank 0 with 3V3 then the IOs of bank0 usually are 3V3 voltage level.
The same time you may power bank 1 with 2V5 and the IOs of bank1 are 2.5V levels then.

See your picture:
VCCO_0 is fixed to 3V3
VCCO_1 is fixed to 3V3
VCCO_2 you may chooe 3V3 or 2V5
VCCO_3 is fixed to 1V8

And yes, it is important to read the specification as ads-ee told you.

Klaus

Thank you for your explanations.

As I understood, each bank has different voltage inputs and each bank's inout pins got values according to voltage supply.

For example, If Bank0's supply voltage is 3.3 V, all of inout pins in this bank will be 3.3 V.

I will take into account DS162, UG381 and xilinx pcb guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back