Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

black screen when laptop boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
I have a sony vaio laptop that does not boot.
my model: VGN-CS 190
i was using from visual studio 2010 and next installed an antivirus.
this antivirus found a trojan and I cleaned it.next my laptop was busy and I restarted it.but the laptop went to black screen (after vaio logo) and did not boot.
my solution:
I used from a bootable CD windows and flash,but they did not load at all!
when I used from them in my computer,both of CD and flash worked truly.

I pressed F2 and changed boot order,but does not read CD or flash yet.
I pressed F8 and in "advanced boot screen",used from all options,but does not load my windows or load CD or flash,yet.

I removed memory cards and replaced them again.I replace the battery.but did not change anything.

in vaio recovery center (by F10) : I saw my hardware does not any problem.

is there anyone who help me?

You mention trying to operate several devices. It unclear which combination works or doesn't work.

When I have a computer that does not start up, I try to track down the problem by removing all unneeded devices. Things that I can remove are the hard drive, ram, external devices. The aim is to discover which central parts of the computer still operate. I have emergency boot CD's which contain utilities.

I change one thing at a time. If something works then I add something else, or switch things around, until I find a component that doesn't work. It might require several shutdowns and startups.

If the hard drive cannot be read, then I start up from a different disk, or different OS, etc. Often I allow only one disk to be the startup disk. If I allow it to choose between two disks, I can't always know why it rejects one and chooses the other, or whether the other was the default, or which.

Try using Safe mode with networking. And try to restore the system to an earlier date. Or check your Master Boot Record (MBR).

Not booting from CD or flash tends to suggest something fundamental not OS related.
Things to try:
Listen for any beeps as the machine starts up. Count them.
Check your bios settings.
If your machine can output to a different display - plug a cable in and see if you can get any output there

In situations like this I have a boot flash drive with diagnostics on it - but if even flash still doesnt work that won't help
and you may be better off asking the manufacturer if the above fails. Do a google search for your machine with the name
of the antivirus you used - that may tell you something.

I ran into the same problem with my ACER laptop in January and this fixed it but it wasn't a permanent fix, though. After that incident my lappy wasn't able to detect his battery and keys were always stuck. Needed to buy a new lappy by the end of April. :-(

This happened to my laptop just this morning. I'm not really a techie one but I will try to follow the things you first did. I hope it works. :)

I guess, there is something wrong with the hardware. its better to consult some service centre

Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.

press f2 and in bois tray to chang the hard disk opitinos one after one and see what will happen

I would suggest inserting a USB stick or DVD with a bootable version of Linux on it, Ubuntu for example. That will demonstrate whether the problem is hardware or software as none of the original software will be touched, it will boot entirely from the DVD. If it does boot up that way, you can run diagnostics or even repair the Windows installation from it then just remove the DVD and reboot as normal afterwards. A bootable Ubuntu DVD has allowed me to fix many dead or corrupted Windows installations for people and in some cases salvage all the users files when the computer would be otherwise be scrap.

Brian.

some thing else for, you just remove for battery and charging cable just one or two mints ,then you restart your laptop i think cleared that Errors.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back